Meet Jeremy Robinson Posted on November 3rd, 2010 by

Hello all! My name is Jeremy Robinson and was invited a couple of months ago to start contributing to the Teachers Talking Technology blog, and so this is me accepting. 🙂 I wanted to quickly introduce myself to all of those who might not know me, or who might not know my background. I was hired in August as a Spanish Instructor and as the Culpeper Language Learning Center Coordinator. I have always been very interested in both technology and language/culture, and so I have been lucky enough to see a marriage of these two interests. Most recently I graduated in December with a Masters from the Monterey Institute of International Studies in Teaching Foreign Language (Spanish Emphasis). While there I had the opportunity to teach some Spanish courses and also help create the Digital Media Commons where I was both a consultant and manager there. My specialty as were is Technology or Computer-Assisted Language Learning, but have had the opportunity to work with faculty from a number of disciplines in using technology more effectively in education.

I plan to contribute to this blog more often, but also wanted to invite all of you to come to Culpeper and meet me and/or some of my student workers personally. Currently we offer tuesday afternoon workshops (3:30-4:30) and would invite you to come participate. (Again the focus is Technology for Language Learning, but there is a lot of overlap) I would also invite you to follow the Culpeper Blog at http://culpeper.blog.gustavus.edu.  We have some exciting things ahead of us at Culpeper and would invite you to be a part of that.

Thanks and happy TECHing!

1. Barbara Fister says:

It’s great to have you here. And thanks for introducing us to your blog – wow, lots of moving and shaking going on over there in Culpeper.